A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Monday, December 28, 2015

The Crab Shell

Back during my original Muchness Challenge, I described myself as a crab (my sign is actually the Cancer crab) because I have this tough outer shell that can really take a beating, until someone finds the soft cracks between the big shield sections.  Then once those have been poked too often and too hard....I ooze.  Feelings, thoughts, long held anger and/or frustrations....it all comes flying out, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Late last night or early this morning, that happened. It prompted a conversation that was long overdue and finally addressed the things I wanted to when I talked about accountability.  It was really needed, at least for me. It will take some time to see if it helps or hurts more, but I know that at least I have been honest and made my feelings known, something I'm not always good at because I worry about everyone else more.  But there continues to be hope, and as long as there is hope, I will fight.

Because of the lateness of that conversation, I did not wake up for a 5:30am workout, I blew it off.  But on the other hand, my foot got another day of rest. I feel like it might be about 10% better today than yesterday, not much but I'll take anything I can get.

I've started following a lot of inspirational / transformational people on Instagram, people who have naturally (no pills, surgery, etc.) lost a large amount of weight.  A couple of them show videos of their workouts and I'm learning some new stuff to try at home, so can't wait to do that.  I'm especially interested in any of the ones that are no impact so I can get my heart rate up as much as possible without bothering my foot.  I need to sweat!  But seriously, if you need inspiration to eat right and exercise, these people are great!

Off for a hopefully peaceful and long sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment