A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Distractions

Today was my first full day with my Facebook account out of my reach.  It's still active, but the application itself is deleted off my phone, so I have no way to access it.

I won't lie.  I found myself wishing here and there that I could get on, but the feeling passed quickly and I reminded myself that I should be looking around me and experiencing the day, not buried inside an electronic device.

Today I was proud of myself for getting out and walking, for going by myself and getting it done.  It was a beautiful COLD morning, and staying in my warm bed would have been easy enough to do.  But I had laid out my clothes last night and told myself I would go.  With no one expecting me, or meeting me, ignoring all that would have been easy.  So big gold star for me!  3 miles of hilly trail in the cold air!

But it didn't make my eating perfect, and because so much of my eating is linked to emotions, it was a hard day.  Being at our youngest son's soccer tournament was fun, it was exciting, it was a beautiful sunny day with friends and family.  But I also feel as though I faked my way through most of it.  The world is full of distractions and I feel like they are shinier than me, more exciting than me, preferred over me.  And feeling like that is a huge trigger for eating. This is what I hope to work on more over the next 30 days (and beyond).   Find a better, healthier, smarter say to deal with those emotions.  And to find out how to talk about them.  How not to distract myself with food.

There are always distractions. Now to figure out the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment