A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Friday, December 4, 2015

I'm Baaaaaack! Again....

I'm so excited, not just to be back, but to actually be back.  I have spent the last day trying to get logged back in to this blog, Google + messed me up and there was some serious "I'm NOT a computer person" frustration happening to get here.  But I'm here.

And I'm back.  Again.  Over a year later.  A lot has happened in this year, but I won't bore the place up with all those stories.  Bottom line, I haven't done a lot of what I intended, including getting healthy.

I had a cervical spine fusion at C4-5 in January 2014, and I worked out with my personal trainer up to the day before surgery and was back at it as soon as I could.  And then I wasn't.  From then to now....40 lbs.  Yes. 40 lbs.  I said it out loud.  40 freaking oh my god what the hell was I thinking pounds.  Almost 4 years to the day of the last one, I had a fat girl meltdown.  I have had to pack up all the cute clothes I was wearing last year to make way for the fat clothes, and I hate my fat clothes.  I hate the idea of spending any money on them because I never intend to wear them long.

But not looking good, and not wearing nice clothes that I'm proud of or feel sexy, fashionable, comfortable in, that takes it's own toll, a spiral into the blahs.

The answer isn't nicer, cuter, newer fat clothes.  It's packing away the fat clothes (in the donate bin!!!) and getting myself healthy and fit enough to wear the cute stuff I packed up.

I've done 30 Day Muchness Challenges in the past.  I've loved them, I've posted, taken pictures and shared on Facebook.  But this one, this challenge to myself to get healthy, and not be fat, well, that is too scary, too personal for FB.  So I challenged myself to delete FB off my phone and focus on health, not drama.  Me, not all the easy to compare to people and lives in my news feed.  So here I am.  This is where I'll lay it out, my progress, frustrations, decisions and tracking of better choices.

30 days.  Every day.
I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment