A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

All Messed Up

Oh my gosh....just no excuse for the time passing with no updates here.  But it has been a very busy week with Christmas and getting ready for the new year at work.

I had a lovely dinner out with a lady who has truly been a gift to my life. She showed me how to be the best me, but not by telling me, but by letting me work it out through my Muchness challenges. It had been too long since I'd seen her and talking with her, straight up real talk, and laughing with her was so healing. She has a way of getting you to see the problem with a fresh perspective without putting any pressure.  All in all, a good time.

Christmas Eve had its ups and downs.  Loved having my family here for dinner, a fire in the pit and laughs and love all around. The end of the evening was a little more rough, doing everything on my own was a bummer. For his own reasons, my husband missed out on setting Santa up, and that will have to be addressed.  I kind of did address it on Christmas Day by asking him to pay special attention to some limits, which he did, but he wasn't happy about it and it showed in his mood all day. 

I know I can be moody and difficult, but I'll usually happily discuss it if you ask me.  I really struggle with not getting that same insight from my husband so it's a guessing game as to where I, and all things, stand. I feel as if we haven't made any progress at all since our discussion.  Something to tackle after the New year for sure.

And exercise? Not going as well as I'd hoped. Still having really bad foot pain, despite anti inflammatories, using my ortho boot and all.  Really sucks.  But I'm going to continue doing whatever I can. I could totally swim at the gym but I haven't worked up the courage to jump in a lane yet.  Another goal to mark on my list.

It's not all rainbows and flowers here, but I'm really working in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment