A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Highs and Lows

So, I totally did not mean to miss my post last night, I flat out passed out and fell asleep on my couch around 8:30!  That's what happens when I get out of bed at 4:45 a.m. for a boot camp class.  Yes!  I did it.  And obviously I survived.  I won't lie, it wasn't easy, but it was not near as intimidating as I feared, in fact, it was so friendly!!

Class started at 5:45 a.m. and the gym is a half hour away, so up and out early.  One of my long ago gym buddies takes the class too, so it was fun to see her.  There were 10 stations, alternating between strength and cardio moves and 1 minute at each station.  Before we started, we ran.  Yes. Ran.  I don't run.  That was almost enough for me to quit.  But I managed to get through it, the first circuit and then 10 more minutes of group cardio, then back to the circuit.  It was an hour and it was fun. But I was tired, and in all the right ways.  So yes, last night I passed out early on the couch.

But as high as a start to the day I had, the work part of my day ended on a low.  We are in the process of doing self evaluations at work and I thought I printed my previous year one for reference.  What I actually printed was the peer feedback I had received for this year.  We send out requests for that feedback to people that we have worked with and I felt that I chose a good group.  Well, one of the feedback responses was downright mean.  I can take feedback that recommends what I can do to improve, but to be spiteful and mean, that just sucked.  I won't lie.  I cried.  I felt like I had been let down by someone I trusted, and my feelings were hurt.  This person had such strong feelings but didn't have the nerve to sigh their name, coward.  It really left me in a funk into the evening.

But I talked about it with my husband, and my oldest son, who is 10.  He is going through some slight bullying issues with his size (he's really little for his age) so I think it helped him to see that everyone has the potential to be in that position and I tried to turn it into a learning opportunity for him....but he's the one who reminded me that I'm a better person and just need to love myself.  That is all the Muchness I could ever ask for, that brilliant, sweet, handsome and funny boy of mine.

Started today with a 2 1/2 mile walk, working from home and made sure I have nothing but healthy snacks around.....good thing because I already went on the hunt and came away with an apple and a glass of water....prep of any sort works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment