A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Baby Steps

Today was a work from home day.  That means lots and lots of temptation since the pantry and the fridge are oh so close.  But preparation yesterday was key.

Went to the grocery store and brought fresh fruit, veggies, and yogurt and stuff to make a healthy dinner that would give me good leftovers for lunch.  And that's what I ate, it feels good to have had the control and the willpower not to raid the kids never ending supply of Halloween candy.

But a struggle is a struggle, and mine is that I think of food constantly.  I'm always planning ahead for the next meal, the next snack, as if I'm in danger of starving.  Even driving my son to a class this afternoon, I munched on some Goldfish crackers (in my plan for the day) and was thinking ahead to dinner.  Not out of "oh my gosh what am I going to make for dinner??" but "oh my gosh, what do I get to eat for dinner?".  Very different.  Th'at's what a compulsive overeater does, because there is some weird concern about when and where the next meal will be.

Knowing that, I have to try to redirect my thoughts, baby steps.  But I've either been to the gym or walked for at least an hour each day this week and that has me feeling great and successful.  Like I said, baby steps.

Tomorrow will have it's own challenges, lunch out with a vendor, but hey, I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment