A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Not a Quitter

Wow, missing that one post has me all out of whack, I think since I posted in the morning yesterday, I mentally ticked off my "to do list" and forgot all about it.

I explained before that my working from days are tough.  It's way too easy to munch the day away when the pantry and fridge are so close.  But I also mentioned yesterday that I couldn't find anything even though I was looking.  I feel like I was looking even harder in the morning, and I don't know why.  I will say, the boys both still have almost all their Halloween candy (how is it they can be satisfied with one piece a day???  I have managed to teach them, but not myself :/), and it is full of things like M&Ms, Snickers, etc....you get the point.  Well, I'm high fiving myself because I just said no to them.

Now that I'm being consistent with logging my food every day in my LoseIt! app, I just can't get myself to see those calories wasted away, even as I earn more for my exercise.  So I am going to take that non scale victory (NSV) and run with it! Well, not literally run.  I hate running.  My knees, my neck and all my wiggly bits hate running. A lot.  But I'm mentally running and waving a flag of success :-)

I made it to day 2 of boot camp today and it felt good, even though every muscle from the top of my butt cheeks to the bottom of my thighs in the back hates my guts.  Hates me.  So sore but it feels so good to know I actually "jumped" the jump squats, did the plank crab crawls and for the first time, got to do the battle ropes...I loved those! Plus all the other stations and I.DIDN'T.QUIT!!!!!  There's a Muchy squish of confidence in that, I'll take it!

I have lots of thoughts about confidence (walking long distances makes me think a lot), but I'll touch on them later, I need time, and heading into this busy workday, time is limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment