A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Ouch. Honesty hurts.

Part 1 today:

The gym:  I did it.  I had a great workout, brought out some of my old workouts when I was with the personal trainer and did a combination of cardio and bodyweight work, there was sweat.  And that felt good.

But I have to talk about what happened after my post last night.  My family, I love them.  I really, really love them.  One of the things my husband and I really emphasize with our boys is honesty.  We would rather know the truth and have to deal with it than to find out later about things. And we had to have an honest talk last night.  And the honest feedback last night:  my health is a concern.  And by health there is a definite emphasis on weight.  I have let it go too far, too bad and too much.  I know this. But hearing it from the faces I love?  Ouch. OMG. Hurt. So sad.  But, it was honest, and it was out of love and concern. And for preserving life and love.  So there's that.  I have to do this for me, but there is more at stake.

I have young boys.  Active young boys and a desire to keep up with them.  I don't want to be on the sidelines, unable to participate.  I want to be that fit, fab Mom and wife.  I want healthy.  I want energy.  And I want so much more.

Honesty. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment