A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Screw The Rules.....

So, I complained about the rules.  Let's just say that my husband and I decided on some ground rules while we work through the holiday season, a way to keep expectations and needs open and communicated. I really, really wanted to break one of those rules last night and I'd be lying if I didn't finally fall asleep last night angry and hurt that I seemed to be alone in that thought.
But each day is a new day. And sometimes I have to realize that we aren't always going to be on the same exact page about things, and that I need to remember that I need to be patient and understanding as well. 
I don't think of myself as a selfish person.  I don't intentionally try to act in ways that would be selfish to someone, but I think sometimes maybe I do small things that could be interpreted as selfish. A good reminder to think before I speak or act, am I saying it right? With the right message? Is it effective? Will it hurt or sound spiteful?  Maybe keeping these questions in mind will help me communicate better to those around me. I want to be perceived with love, not selfishness.
And those rules? Sometimes you say screw them and do what you feel is right.  
Time to prepare for the week, it's going to be busy, especially at work, and could easily turn into a convenience eating marathon so I need to be ready.  Taking tomorrow off from the gym or working out, 7 days in a row have me tired and sore, not in the right way and I want to be fresh and ready for boot camp Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment