A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Distractions Abound

Oh my gosh.....I have been so busy at work, and so tired at night that I've been a lagger here.

Year end at my work is chaos, super busy and requires a lot of attention to detail and specifics. I have four big projects going live on January 1 so they are keeping me busy.

I'm keeping up with eating well and passing my 10,000 steps a day, but I won't lie, I've had a few indulgences the last couple days.  But I decided that there is no point in beating myself up, for 2 reasons 1) Life is real and carrots and cucumbers won't always cut it and 2) I actually exercised good portion control and my choices were decent.  Just one cookie at work, a couple extra spoonfuls of fried rice at dinner last night, and today, one or two cookies worth of cookie dough. For me, awesome because I would have eaten 5 times that, easily.  Not only am I getting full faster, the small bites satisfy me, and that feels good.

I beat my Walk My Map goal of 10 miles a week again, 128% met. I had intended to get a 4 or 5 mile walk in but my dammed foot is acting up again, the plantar fascitis is causing problems and I had to break down and keep it to under a mile this morning.  I really want to be able to do the Iron Mtn Hike with my boot camp class buddies on Thursday a.m. so I'm being a good patient and staying off it as best I can and taking my anti inflammatories. A little better tonight so fingers crossed for even better tomorrow.

And check this out...we got tickets to see Star Wars tomorrow...some obscure little theater an hour away from us had tickets, we checked on a whim....it'll be a fun surprise for the boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment