A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Little white flowers and lullabyes

It's Saturday evening and what a day.  I'm not your typical "mystics, psychics and voodoo" kind of girl, but there is a psychic fair that goes on locally that I've gone to once before.  And for reasons I'll talk more about, I felt the need to go again.  It's not fancy, it's not scary and by all means it's not voodoo like.

This year has been a year of tragedies...there have been some highlights for sure, but sadness seems to have been prevalant.  One reason is the loss of two pregnancies...very wanted and very loved pregnancies.  The other is the loss of a loved brother in law, who chose to leave this earth far earlier than he should have.  With the loss of the second pregnancy very recently, I had numerous occasions where I truly felt as though my brother in law was standing near me...this happened a lot.  From the time we learned the pregnancy would not go on to the actual end, there were about two and a half weeks of deep sorrow, depression and anger.  But I would stop at times and realize that there was a feeling of comfort.  Of someone holding my heart and my sadness and trying to lift it, and for some reason I thought it might be him.  At the time the pregnancy ended, I swore to my husband that his brother was there with me and carried our baby girl to heaven.  I know...sounds strange.

But today, at a reading...the psychic told me things about who she saw with me and those things identified for me that it was him, and he was telling her things she could never have known.  And he told her he was singing lullabies....lullabies to my little girl.  She also said that he was giving me little white flowers....and I remembered that I had admired and taken a handful of tiny white flowers from his grave.  He also said that he is at peace, he feels loved, and he loves.  What more could you ask for?  Little white flowers and lullabyes...what a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment