A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Just starting out

So....it's midnight, it's Friday morning....and this is where I am.  Starting a blog.  Crazy? Whim? Very necessary....yep, all of those. 

I have an appetite.  Isn't it sad that when all the ideas for the name of my blog went round and round, THIS is what stood out in my mind?  But I think it applies to so much.  Not just an appetite for food (which is a big one), but I have an appetite for life.  Now, that's vague.  More specifically, I have an appetite for love, for friendship, for peace in my heart, for being a better person, and well...if I'm being totally honest, for sex too.  Right?  I also have an appetite for change.  There are changes I need to make...some small, some big.  Some easy (I WILL exercise more....), some much harder (a little less insecurity please???). 

So will writing this blog cure me?  Make me ecstatically happy?  Solve all my woes?  Probably not, but what I hope it does is this...lets me put it out in the universe, maybe if I see it, I'll believe it and I'll live it. 

Right now what I really wish for is some sleep, I forgot to mention my appetite for that as well.  Small children, a full time job and all that goes with that is robbing me of sleep.  And yes, my husband....more about him later. 

Good night..or good morning? to my little baby blog....I'm excited to meet you and to make friends with you, and explore all my appetites.

No comments:

Post a Comment