A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Surviving the Holidays?

I don't know if I can say I've been "great" for the holidays, but I can say this:  Not as a justification but I gave myself permission to just chill for the holidays. Not to eat everything I wanted, but not to stress about it.  And strangely, not that I ate like a bird, but I didn't pig out as much as I'd thought I might. 

But I have to take back that permission because it's too close to saying I don't have a problem, or that I am in any shape or form in control of my eating.  Because I'm not.  But I'm recognizing and admitting it...I just have to get better about acting on it. 

New Year, New Attitude, New Habits

No comments:

Post a Comment