A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Maintaining is a bitch

My goal through the holidays is to maintain.  Maintain my weight and use this time to really look at my eating habits, figure out what it is that drives me to eat, why I feel the need to grab food and what I'm feeling when it happens.

One big thing I'm noticing...and I knew this...I'm a serious stress eater.  When my brain is spinning, I seem to find some sort of grounding by grabbing food.  It wouldn't be so bad if I was grabbing healthy food, so I need to figure out some snacks that won't be boring, but more importantly, I need to find a different coping mechanism.  I have an idea I'm going to try through this next week.  Walk away.  If my brain is going too many directions, I'm going to try and pull it back into focus with a walk, even if it's just one lap around my floor.  Can't hurt right?

I made some good decisions today,and was able to turn down a huge chunk of my favorite cake:  red velvet from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  I compromised by having just a fork full.  I got to satisfy the taste, but didn't need the huge chunk I usually eat, gluttonous and unnecessary.

I also got to talk to a friend who is looking amazing. She's losing weight, but more importantly, really toning up.  She told me about the program she's using, and I might do it.  It might be my Christmas present to myself :-)  I deserve it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment