A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Start Fresh - Fresh Start

Already....so yes, that means I pigged out.
It's the stress, I can't seem to stop myself when I'm stressed, but I also blame not having brought adequate food of my own, so tonight I packed more appropriately and am feeling ready for tomorrow.

The one good thing:  I caught myself.  Not before, but not as long after as the past. So I'll take that as a teeny tiny baby step.  I haven't been to any meetings this week,and not sure how next week will work since the one I like is on Monday and that's a holiday, AND a workday for me.  The busiest workday of the year so I need to be fully prepared and get myself prepared for what it will be like:  stressful and maniacal.  Not a good mix for me and my eating habits, but I'm trying to plan.

I also need to start thinking about a food program.  Something to follow (Weight Watchers, Atkins, ????) because some guidance is good.  Weight Watchers always worked for me because of the accountability of the weekly weigh ins, but I like the way the weight comes off with Atkins, my body really seems to respond to that.  Maybe a combination?  Something to ponder.

Ready for the freshest start EVER.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Tine.....your writing is amazing and your journey is inspiring. There's something I'd like to contribute to the work you are doing. I think your honestly with yourself is admirable and definitely a key to moving forward. However, I'd love for you to consider that some of what you experience IS 'normal'. It's normal for a woman of your age, who has the life responsibilities that you do. At our age, hormones start working a little different and respond to stresses a little different and cause our bodies to be weight loss resistent. Gaining an understanding of the physiology and bio-chemistry of our bodies really helps in navigating the path towards weight loss.

    I've learned a TON of useful information in the detox/cleanse program Tim and I did a few years back. And the lessons we learned weren't just for extreme times during a detox, they've contributed to our 'normal' lives by helping us understand how to best fuel our bodies and maintain energy and vitality.

    Anyway, in your search for a program or plan to follow, I would strongly encourage you to look for one that incorporates attention to hormonal influence and gives you some guidance on how to boost your natural detoxing functions. Programs that focus too much attention on calorie counting or fat/protein/carb gram counting are missing a huge piece of the pie (haha, no pun intended)!!

    Donna has also struggled with her weight her whole life and has learned some things recently that resonate with what we have learned. I suspect your body chemistry is very similar to Donna's. If you are ever interested, I'd be happy to pass on some of the resources she has used - books she has read and websites she has used.

    Love you and will be sending encouraging vibes your way!!

    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that Diana (yes, it really is 2 months later...crazy times!). I actually have thought about the difference in how I am able to (or not) lose weight as I've gotten older, but beyond recognizing it, that's about as far as I've gone. I thank you for that reminder, and I'll definitely keep that in mind as I keep searching. Love you girl!!!

      Delete
  2. have you ever tried OA? I see you work a lot but OA has some great phone meetings. I prefer the 90 day OA meetings. you can go to oa.org and find out more info.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, work is crazy for me in the first quarter of the year.
      I did go to a couple of OA meetings and I LOVED them. They gave me an opportunity to see that I am not alone and that I'm not some food addict freak. I actually re-touched base with someone from my first meeting and he brought up the online and phone meetings which I am going to look into, the physical meetings are hard to get to because I live in such a rural area. Thank you so much for stopping in and commenting, I truly appreciate your insight and for caring to comment. Take care!

      Delete