A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Feeling the Love!

I reached out last night.  I sent a message to a group of friends and family, asking them to try to understand that I have a problem.

"Hello. My name is Tine and I am a Compulsive Overeater"

I was ashamed and embarrassed when I sent that message, but I had to, I needed to.  See, accountability for me is key.  If I know someone is paying attention, I work just that little bit harder to achieve.  I know that's not the best, or even right, motivation for me, but right now any motivation is good motivation.  Until I can sort our why I can't let myself be healthy and non compulsive, I'll take what I can get.

I posted in my Finding My Muchness post tonight about those friends and family.  About how they overwhelmed me with the responses and identifying with the struggle I am having.  I am so honored that they felt able to open up and discuss their own insecurities and issues.  Beyond honored..I was humbled.

This humility overrides my snarkiness tonight...I have to simply say, again, THANK YOU! You've inspired me to continue what I have only just started.  This will be a long and sometimes painful journey, but how lucky am I to have these women by my side?

Love to them and all who may find their way to this blog or Finding My Muchness....we all deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment