A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I'm Out There.....Anonymously

Sunday....Monday......and here I am on Tuesday.

I took a giant leap.

I created an Instagram account with no personal information to track my exercise and weight loss adventure.  I say adventure, not journey, because it sounds more fun :)  Anyway, this account has a real life picture of me as I am today, no face.  And it's horrible.  But hopefully it'll be one I brag with later when I'm where I want to be.  Scary, but then seriously, who will even know?  And I have no followers, and I am following no one............yet.  One thing I've found about Instagram that I really like is the health/weight loss/fitness community.  It's awesome.  And super supportive and like a big family.  I'm not quite ready to announce myself there, but I'll keep following under my personal account for now.  But there it is.

I was back at the gym yesterday morning, bright and early and trying to be creative for cardio since I can't really do any impact on my foot.  My solution:  the upright bike and the rowing machine.  I need to figure out the bike better to get a better workout, but it kept my foot happy.  The rowing machine is something I actually enjoy doing, I used to be pretty fast on it.  Baby steps back to that though.


Today was Boot Camp Tuesday, and I was so tempted to not get out of my bed.  My alarm went off, I was ready to go, then hubby snuggled up and fell back asleep and it was way too comfy and with the rain outside, easy to fall back asleep.  But I realized I'd be really pissed at myself later today, so I got up and out.  And I'm glad.  Lots of good work to be done in that class, and I was able to do a lot of modifications where impact was involved.  Looking forward to Thursday's class.



Now to slowly address the diet and eating.  But I'm getting there and I feel like I'm making way better choices than I used to. Even is I pick up something not so great for me, the quantities are so much less, and a taste will do it.  I'm having issues with my scale, so no weigh ins for now.  Hopefully when I'm able to use it, it'll be a happy surprise.  I ordered a book on Amazon from Shape Magazine, I really like their diet and exercise programs and this book supports both.  I'm hoping to get some good meal plans and grocery lists to help me out.  I know how to do this, I know how to cook light, but I'm in a blah state about my current cookbooks and am excited for an infusion of new ideas.

Day to day to day and day by day by day on the rest of what is going on in my life.  I'm trying to take as much joy as possible from the small moments, not putting so much pressure on having big moments.  A different set of baby steps.  But they all lead to good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment