A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Who's in charge here?

I noticed today that for probably about the millionth time since things started to go south last year I said these words "...last year made me (insert: sad, fat, mean, etc.)"

Wait a minute! Wait a freaking minute!  How in the world could a year, a year???? take anything from me?  Or do anything to me?  You can't touch a year, you can't yell at a year, you can't put it on time out....how the hell can it do anything TO me?

I realized, I had to have given the year permission to do that, and to be in charge of me, and I did.  No sirreeee....no one else is in charge of me. It took me a long time to realize and recognize and live that, yet I let the last year be in charge of me.

So, I hereby take control away from any year...and I'm in charge now.  I will not allow a nameless, faceless thing determine if and how I can be happy.  Now we know who's in charge here!

No comments:

Post a Comment