A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

One step at a time

Today was a good day....with a lot of steps in between.

I have to figure out when to get upset, and when not to.  I think I waste a lot of energy (mine and other people's) when I take something either wrong, too personally or whatever the case may be.  It's another one of those "add to the list" items.

But my focus today was on what it felt like to be out in the fresh air, the waves crashing, the sun shining and the cold breeze blowing.  Trying to think of how my body was taking me where I wanted to go, walking toward the water, bending over to find precious sand dollars, lifting my boys and being able to laugh and smile as they enjoyed running up and down the beach.  I had to think of how strong it is to lift my sons, carry them for any distance.  Have my arms open and ready when someone falls, needs a hug or just wants to be held for a minute.  These are important things my body did for me today, and for that, it deserves some kindness and healthy treatment.

This was a weekend for the outdoors, and we used it. We took advantage of beautiful weather in the mountains for a hike yesterday, and another fantastic day down at the beach today.  And my body took care of me both times...so I'm going to treat it well so I can have another weekend like this soon.  And so with that, my gym back is packed, healthy breakfast, lunch and snacks are packed and maybe, just maybe....a little respect for my body is there too.

So, one step at a time, one hike at a time, and if I'm lucky...one sexy romp at a time.  If a girl's gonna have an appetite, she's gotta have fun goals too right?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment