A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Staying Motivated

Allrighty!  Three weeks of solid workouts and following my food plan and I am feeling GREAT!!!!

I've started craving the exercise and even though it is hailing and raining outside, I just want to run out and go for a walk, but I'll probably be figuring out an alternative indoor workout instead:  Hey, the Wii skiing works those thighs!!! :-)

One accomplishment this week that I am most proud of, sprints on the elliptical.  As some readers know, I despise the elliptical.  When my ankle issue was diagnosed and I was told to stay off the treadmill and only use the elliptical, I asked the Dr what was a worse scenario?  A blown up ankle or a heart attack?  And I was serious.

But I decided two weeks ago to tackle it.  First, I got all of 10 minutes and then slowly added minutes.  On Friday, I went for 30 minutes and every 3 did 1 minute sprints.  Oh, it wasn't pretty and I was literally a hot mess, but I did it.  And even with my fatigued legs, heavy breathing and sweaty body, I did a happy dance to have done it.  I nearly gave up a few times through.  I mean, nobody but me would know right?  But here's the thing....I have a commitment to be honest with myself, and put me first.  And that includes being accountable to myself.  So I was.  And I am proud of myself...so very very proud.

Let's see what tomorrow's workout brings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment