A Journey

This blog is about a journey...a continuously moving target of a journey about an everyday woman. A sometimes funny, sometimes difficult journey....but a journey nonetheless.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Survival and Sanity

Well, I did it .  I got through the week of my "dread-aversary" and I survived.  Truly, truly survived, but I had a LOT of help.

I actually shouldn't say "but", because instead it should read "because".  I truly, truly survived BECAUSE I had help.  This is huge for me because I don't usually ask for help, and I don't usually let people help.  I'm kind of stubborn, but needy at the same time.  Going into the week I really thought it was going to be hard, and horrendous and really sad.  But I did something different:  I put it out there, I let people know that I was still grieving and needed a little extra.  And I got it. 

I have friends who supported me, and who provide me with the gift of their friendship and love.  I can't ask for mor than that.  And my husband, well, he was the rock he always is, I don't know how he does it but I'm so grateful for him.  And of course my family, just knowing they were there gave me comfort.

I also did a mini 7 day Muchness challenge, just to keep my head and emotions above water, and that really helped.  If you've never looked, go to http://www.findingmymuchness.com/, it's amazing!

I'm glad, I'm happy and I'm okay....my week went well and I feel relatively unscathed.  Way better than I could have hoped for as the week had approached.  My sanity is intact and I head to the next challenge....my tubal ligation.  Lots of mixed feelings there, but I'll address that later.  For now, I'm going to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment